7 CEUs for Massage Therapists Only – NCBTMB-Approved
Tuition: $155 – includes complimentary lunch.
Sciatica is characterized by severe pain following the path of the sciatic nerve. Because of the size, length and position of this nerve, it is predisposed to many types of injuries. Inflammation and/or injury to this nerve causes pain from the back, back of the thigh, down the leg and sometimes into the foot and toes. This course will show students how to reduce pain and balance the hips by utilizing stretching, MFR, trigger point therapy and METs (Muscle Energy Techniques) and positional release.
Upon completion of this course, students will be able to:
* Define Sciatica and the etiology
* Define other pathologies that mimic Sciatic Pain
* Identify the musculature involved
* Identify indications and contraindications
* Demonstrate each technique
* Demonstrate full protocol
* Perform a 60-minute hands-on treatment for Sciatica
* Definition of Sciatica, the etiology, signs and symptoms
* Definition of other pathologies that are associated with Sciatica
* Bodywork protocols associated with Sciatica
* Demonstration of each technique by Instructor
* Practice of each technique by students
* Demonstration of treatment by Instructor
* Putting it all together: observed 60-minute hands-on practice of treatment for each student
Method of Instruction: Lecture, demonstration and Hands-on practice
Please bring: shorts for stretching, two sheets (2 flat or 1 flat/1 fitted), massage cream or lotion if you have it.
Instructor: Joanna Mosto Paganotti, LMT
Joanna has been a massage therapist since 2007, which, continues down a path she began in 2001 when she became a Reiki practitioner and started her study of medicinal plants. She maintains a private practice, Balance Massage and Energy Healing, LLC and in 2009 began teaching massage and bodywork as well as energy work and meditation. She has expanded her knowledge of mind-body work, studying CranioSacral Therapy with the Upledger Institute, Past Life Regression with Brian Weiss, Access Bars with Access Consciousness, Pre and Post Natal massage with Cheryl Chapman and most recently, the Spurgeon Method™ of Breast Massage Levels 1 and 2 with Sally Spurgeon. Joanna believes that bodywork and energy work should not be a luxury but rather a step on your path towards well-being.