4 CEUs for massage therapists and for chiropractors.*
This course was previously called The Role of the Healthcare Professional in Cardiovascular Health. Other than the name change, nothing has changed with regard to this course.
This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar. Live webinars are interactive and as such, are live credits, not distance learning.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
This course will review the anatomy and physiology of the cardiovascular system, including what can be learned from blood workups about inflammation, understanding the electrical system of the heart and what EKGs can show. Cardiovascular nutrition and the gut biome will also be discussed at length. It is also key to understand the differentiation between angina or cardiovascular response and muscular pain as well as the difference between thoracic soreness and cardiac pain. Techniques for determining these differences will be discussed. Hiatal hernia and dyspepsia response techniques will also be covered.
For chiropractors, proper nutritional guidance is based upon the clear understanding of the physiology and possible pathological ramifications of improper nutrition on the cardiovascular system.
* This course is approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. The Institute is also recognized as a CE provider with the PACE program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards; the course is approved for any state that accepts PACE. This course is approved for massage therapists in all states but New York through the NCBTMB, Approved Provider # 307800-00.
Instructor: Arthur I. Feintuch, DC, DAAPM
- Monmouth University Adjunct Professor Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Dental Studies Institute and the Institute for Continuing Education – Continuing Ed Instructor
- Ocean County College-Developer and Adjunct Instructor EEG program
- Brookdale Community College- Adjunct Instructor and Developer EEG program, Pharmaceutical Math, Occupational Therapy
- Premier Medical and Dental Institute-Phlebotomy, EKG, Pharmacology, Injection Technique, Medical Law and Ethics, etc.
- Middlesex County College-Adjunct Instructor Anatomy and Physiology including lab and lecture
- Designed, developed, and instructed Post Graduate Cranial Anatomy course for continuing education credits to Post-Doctoral Physical Therapy Practitioners
- Gibbs College-Adjunct Instructor Medical Assisting (entire program)
- Chiropractic Physician
- New Jersey State Teaching Certification Secondary Education
- 35 Years Private Practice running multiple offices