6 CEUs for Massage Therapists Only (NCBTMB Approved) – Live In-Person Class
Frozen shoulder, also called adhesive capsulitis, is a condition characterized by stiffness and pain in the shoulder joint. Signs and symptoms typically begin gradually, worsen over time and then resolve. This course will show students how to increase range of motion and mobility in clients who have Frozen Shoulder. Techniques include myofascial release, trigger point therapy, and Muscle Energy Techniques (METs) for stretching and strengthening. All are incorporated to reduce pain and restore range of motion.
Upon completion of this course students will be able to:
* Define Frozen Shoulder, the etiology and the three phases
* Identify the musculature involved and range of motion restrictions
* Identify indications and contraindications
* Perform bodywork protocols associated with each phase
* Demonstrate each technique
* Apply a 60-minute hands-on treatment for Frozen Shoulder
* Definition of Frozen Shoulder, the etiology, signs and symptoms
* Three phases of Frozen Shoulder with indications and contraindications
* Bodywork protocols associated with each phase
* Demonstration of each technique by Instructor
* Practice of each technique by students
* Demonstration of treatment by Instructor
* Putting it all together: observed 60-minute hands-on practice of treatment for each student
Method of Instruction:
Lecture, Demonstration and Hands-on practice
Please bring a towel for additional draping.
About the Instructor: Joanna Mosto Paganotti, LMT
Joanna has been a massage therapist since 2007, which, continues down a path she began in 2001 when she became a Reiki practitioner and started her study of medicinal plants. She maintains a private practice, Balance Massage and Energy Healing, LLC and in 2009 began teaching massage and bodywork as well as energy work and meditation. She has expanded her knowledge of mind-body work, studying CranioSacral Therapy with the Upledger Institute, Past Life Regression with Brian Weiss, Access Bars with Access Consciousness, Pre and Post Natal massage with Cheryl Chapman and most recently, the Spurgeon Method™ of Breast Massage Levels 1 and 2 with Sally Spurgeon. Joanna believes that bodywork and energy work should not be a luxury but rather a step on your path towards well-being.