This course is being offered LIVE in-person at the school. Seats will be limited for social distancing reasons. The course is approved for 4 CEUs for massage therapists through the NCBTMB, and for NJ chiropractors and chiropractic assistants through the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. For chiropractors, The Institute is a Preapproved Provider/Sponsor; approval code for CAs, approval code: E1912-23. Most chiropractic courses are also approved through PACE. This course is approved for physical therapists and physical therapy assistants through the NJ Board of Physical Therapy Examiners, approval code: 2201-15.
Objective: To equip students with the knowledge, understanding, and importance of a core strengthening program, including how to perform, teach and implement a solid core strengthening program.
Upon completion, student should be able to:
- Identify the muscles that constitute the core
- Describe the function of each core muscle group
- Explain how each core muscle group affects the spine and posture
- Perform core strengthening exercises using different positions and equipment
- Explain the importance of spine flexibility and core musculature
- Discuss how core strength improves balance
- Demonstrate optimal breathing techniques for performing core exercises
- Explain the importance of focus and demonstrate focusing techniques for the purpose of improving
- Describe the role of the mind-body connection in strengthening muscles
Method of Instruction: Lecture, Hands-on Practice
Instructor: Dr. Jennifer Mattiello, DC, is also a Movement Specialist and BioSet practitioner. She is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic. Her post-graduate work includes certifications in Scoliosis Management, Upper Cervical Specific Adjusting, Craniosacral Therapy, Integrative Energy Technique and Advanced BioSet Practitioner. Prior to a Chiropractic education, Dr. Jen graduated from Rutgers University with a B.S. in Exercise Science. She also holds certifications as a personal trainer, group fitness instructor, holistic wellness specialist, Pilates instructor and yoga teacher. With her extensive knowledge of human anatomy and movement, Dr. Jen is able to assess a biomechanical problem and correct it by chiropractic adjustments as well as strengthening exercises to create a healthy, balanced body. She is in private practice in Lincoln Park, NJ.