This course is being offered LIVE in-person at the school. Seats will be limited for social distancing reasons. The course is approved for 4 CEUs for massage therapists through the NCBTMB, and for NJ chiropractors through the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. For chiropractors, The Institute is a Preapproved Provider/Sponsor; most chiropractic courses are also approved through PACE for chiropractors in states that recognize PACE. This course is approved for physical therapists and physical therapy assistants through the NJ Board of Physical Therapy Examiners, approval code: 2201-15.
Objective: To equip students with the knowledge, understanding, and importance of a core strengthening program, including how to perform, teach and implement a solid core strengthening program.
Upon completion, student should be able to:
- Identify the muscles that constitute the core
- Describe the function of each core muscle group
- Explain how each core muscle group affects the spine and posture
- Perform core strengthening exercises using different positions and equipment
- Explain the importance of spine flexibility and core musculature
- Discuss how core strength improves balance
- Demonstrate optimal breathing techniques for performing core exercises
- Explain the importance of focus and demonstrate focusing techniques for the purpose of improving
- Describe the role of the mind-body connection in strengthening muscles
Method of Instruction: Lecture, Hands-on Practice
Instructor: Dr. Jennifer Mattiello, DC, is also a Movement Specialist and BioSet practitioner. She is a graduate of Palmer College of Chiropractic. Her post-graduate work includes certifications in Scoliosis Management, Upper Cervical Specific Adjusting, Craniosacral Therapy, Integrative Energy Technique and Advanced BioSet Practitioner. Prior to a Chiropractic education, Dr. Jen graduated from Rutgers University with a B.S. in Exercise Science. She also holds certifications as a personal trainer, group fitness instructor, holistic wellness specialist, Pilates instructor and yoga teacher. With her extensive knowledge of human anatomy and movement, Dr. Jen is able to assess a biomechanical problem and correct it by chiropractic adjustments as well as strengthening exercises to create a healthy, balanced body. She is in private practice in Lincoln Park, NJ.