4 CEUs for Massage Therapists, NJ Chiropractors and Athletic Trainers
Course Objective: This program will explore the key points to activate and balance your energy system and how to incorporate these techniques into patient care.
Upon completion of this program, the participant will be able to:
- Review medical histories with the added objective of seeking opportunities to utilize Acupressure in an effective treatment plan.
- Recognize when health or emotional factors may contraindicate acupressure.
- Describe the foundations of acupressure including Meridians, Qi, the Five Element Theory, and Major Points.
- Perform basic Acupressure techniques designed for relaxation and pain management in a healthcare environment.
- Determine how to plan for proper appointment allotment to introduce this modality.
Introduction to the History of Acupressure
How it can be incorporated into treatment planning in the healthcare office.
Review of Medical History
Health Conditions which will benefit from Acupressure
Contraindications for Acupressure
Foundations of acupressure
Central and Governing
Hand and foot
Special Pain Acupoints
Different forms of Qi
The Five Element Theory
Potent Points for relieving neck tension and pain
Potent Points for relieving shoulder tension
Hands on practice session
Benefits of using Acupressure for relaxation
Benefits of using Acupressure for pain relief
Question and Answer
About the Instructor:
Gary McCabe, Owner of Relax Renew in Wayne NJ and massage therapist by trade, holds a B.A. in Cultural Anthropology and has been studying cross cultural human development and healing for over 25 years. He studied anthropology, yoga psychology and human development with Dr. A.K.B. Pillai, which included cross cultural field study in India, Europe and America. He has taught for over 15 years, presenting seminars and classes at Fortune 500 companies, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, adult schools and fitness facilities. He also offers private and small group training.