Live Webinar: Breaking Nutritional Myths
Open to All! 2 CEUs for chiropractors and NJ massage therapists * (This class will meet the NJ chiropractic license renewal requirement of 2 credits of nutrition.)
Live webinars are interactive. You will be able to ask questions and communicate in real time with the instructor. It is not considered distance learning. Anyone registered for this class will receive instructions regarding how to sign in to the live webinar. It is recommended that you have speakers and a microphone for this class. Most laptops, tablets and smartphones will have these functions.
This engaging and informative seminar focuses on how food impacts our overall health and how we cannot be reliant on just medications and ignore the connection of being UNhealthy to the foods we eat. Emphasis will be placed on understanding the nutrient role food has on inflammation, the nervous system, healing, weight, gut health and sleep.
- Review and education of the top food choices we eat
- How food sourcing changes the nutrients of food
- How foods affect our health
- How symptoms of disease (dis-ease) are traced back to our food choices.
Instructor: Anabela Bacchione, NTP, RDH
Anabela Bacchione has been a Registered Dental Hygienist since 1990. Realizing the important role that good nutrition plays in oral health, she returned to school in 2007 to study at the Nutritional Therapy Association, a board-certified nutrition program based out of Olympia, WA. For over 8 years, she has worked as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) for private clients as well as for a large DMD practice in northern NJ where she is the Holistic Nutritionist on staff. She also lectures frequently, is a member of multiple health-related organizations, operates a private traditional food cooperative, and keeps up-to-date on nutrition and integrative medicine through attending numerous seminars and symposiums each year.
* This course is approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. The course is also approved for chiropractors in states that accept PACE approval as The Institute for Continuing Education is a recognized continuing ed provider with the PACE Program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards. This course is approved for NJ massage therapists under Section 13:37-4.2(a) (i)(xiii) of the New Jersey Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy regulations (pending approval from the NCBTMB).