Live Webinar: Breaking Nutritional Myths
Open to All! 2 CEUs for chiropractors, NJ chiropractic assistants and massage therapists. * (This class will meet the NJ chiropractor license renewal requirement of 2 credits of nutrition.)
Live webinars are interactive. You will be able to ask questions and communicate in real time with the instructor. They are not considered distance learning.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
This engaging and informative seminar focuses on how food impacts our overall health and how we cannot be reliant on just medications and ignore the connection of being UNhealthy to the foods we eat. Emphasis will be placed on understanding the nutrient role food has on inflammation, the nervous system, healing, weight, gut health and sleep.
- Review and education of the top food choices we eat
- How food sourcing changes the nutrients of food
- How foods affect our health
- How symptoms of disease (dis-ease) are traced back to our food choices.
Instructor: Anabela Bacchione, NTP, RDH
Anabela Bacchione has been a Registered Dental Hygienist since 1990. Realizing the important role that good nutrition plays in oral health, she returned to school in 2007 to study at the Nutritional Therapy Association, a board-certified nutrition program based out of Olympia, WA. For over 8 years, she has worked as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) for private clients as well as for a large DMD practice in northern NJ where she is the Holistic Nutritionist on staff. She also lectures frequently, is a member of multiple health-related organizations, operates a private traditional food cooperative, and keeps up-to-date on nutrition and integrative medicine through attending numerous seminars and symposiums each year.
* This course is approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. The course is also approved for chiropractors in states that accept PACE approval as The Institute for Continuing Education is a recognized continuing ed provider with the PACE Program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards. This course is approved for massage therapists by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), for all states but New York. For NJ chiropractic assistants, the course is approved through the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners, Approval Code # E2206-03, until 8/31/23.