ADOLESCENT HEALTH ISSUES – LIVE WEBINAR
3 CEUs for NJ chiropractors and for massage therapists *
This 3-hour live webinar is an adaptation of the much longer live class that we have offered in-person at the school in the past.
Live webinars are interactive and as such, are live credits, not distance learning. Anyone registered for this live webinar will receive instructions for how to sign in to the webinar. You will need speakers to hear the instructor; it is ideal if you have a webcam and microphone so you can interact with him. Most laptops, tablets and smartphones have these features. If you do not have a microphone, you can call in to the webinar to speak or you can ask a question in live chat.
This program will cover health issues that affect adolescents specifically, the importance of understanding an adolescent’s physical and physiological growth and the role this plays in the treatment of an adolescent patient. This program will allow the clinician to understand not only the development of the human body as it goes through puberty but also the reason why treatment planning and overall health concerns can be different. Special attention will be paid to nutrition as it relates to growth and wellness during this stage of life.
The course will cover:
THE STRESS REACTION AND INFLAMMATION
THE PHYSIOLOGY BEHIND PUBERTY
THE CHILD IN DEVELOPMENT IN UTERO AND POST PARTUM
PHYSIOLOGY OF CARDIOVASCULAR EVENTS IN THE MATURING ADOLESCENT
STAGES OF CHILDHOOD GROWTH
NATURAL CHILD BIRTH VS. “C” SECTION WITH THE CONCOMITANT PSYCHOLOGY MANIFESTATIONS IN THE ADOLESCENT
THE ROLE OF THE PARENT
CLINICAL NUTRITION TO HELP AVOID CHILDHOOD PATHOLOGY
NUTRITION AND ITS PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE
THE ROLE OF THE INTESTINE IN THE MANIFESTATION OF SKIN DISORDERS OF VARIOUS TYPES
About the instructor, Arthur Feintuch, DC, DAAPM
- Monmouth University Adjunct Professor Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Dental Studies Institute and the Institute for Continuing Education – Continuing Ed Instructor
- Ocean County College-Developer and Adjunct Instructor EEG program
- Brookdale Community College- Adjunct Instructor and Developer EEG program, Pharmaceutical Math, Occupational Therapy
- Premier Medical and Dental Institute-Phlebotomy, EKG, Pharmacology, Injection Technique, Medical Law and Ethics, etc.
- Middlesex County College-Adjunct Instructor Anatomy and Physiology including lab and lecture
- Designed, developed, and instructed Post Graduate Cranial Anatomy course for continuing education credits to Post-Doctoral Physical Therapy Practitioners
- Gibbs College-Adjunct Instructor Medical Assisting (entire program)
- Chiropractic Physician
- New Jersey State Teaching Certification Secondary Education
- 35 Years Private Practice running multiple offices
* This course is approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. This course is approved for massage therapists by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), approved provider # 307800-00, for all states but New York.