This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar. Live webinars are considered live credits, not distance learning.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
4 CEUs for chiropractors and massage therapists *
The nervous system plays a vital role in the regulation and coordination of all bodily functions, from movement and sensation to digestion and breathing.
For chiropractic physicians, understanding the nervous system is particularly important as it is the foundation of the musculoskeletal system. Misalignments in the spine can cause nerve compression, leading to pain, stiffness, and other musculoskeletal disorders. By correcting these misalignments, chiropractors can relieve pressure on the nerves and restore proper communication between the brain and body.
Massage therapists must be knowledgeable about the nervous system as they work to release muscle tension and promote relaxation. Through massage therapy, they can stimulate the nervous system to release endorphins and reduce stress, helping their clients to feel better both physically and mentally.
When the nervous system is malfunctioning, neurological conditions can result including but not limited to dementia, Parkinson’s, trigeminal pain, opthamological conditions, shingles and more.
A thorough understanding of the nervous system is essential for chiropractic physicians and massage therapists. By incorporating this knowledge into your practice, you can provide targeted and effective treatments that address the root cause of your patients’/clients’ symptoms.
INSTRUCTOR: Arthur Feintuch, DC, DAAPM
CONTINUING EDUCATION APPROVALS:
Approved for 4 CEUs for NJ Chiropractors through the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners because The Institute for Continuing Education is an Approved Provider/Sponsor through 8/31/23. It is also approved for 4 CEUs for chiropractors in any state that accepts PACE; The Institute for Continuing Education is recognized by the PACE Program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards.
For massage therapists, the course is approved only for New Jersey massage therapists and bodyworkers under Section 13:37-4.2(a) (i)(xiii) of the New Jersey Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy regulations. NCBTMB approval is pending.