3 CEUs for Massage Therapists and Chiropractors*
This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar. Live webinars are considered live credits, not distance learning.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
The abdominal muscles are an often-overlooked region when it comes to massage. The “forgotten middle” area is integral to the whole body massage experience. This class will review massage of the abdominals from a Western (Swedish and Trigger Point) and an Eastern (Shiatsu/Acupressure) perspective, looking at this part of the body through both a structural and an energetic lens. The anatomy of the abdomen can be “seen” from a physical perspective relating to organs, muscled and fascia, and from an energy perspective that discusses meridians and other important points. This class includes hands-on demonstrations of all techniques.
It is recommended (not required) that each participant have a model on whom to practice techniques during the live webinar. There will be time for hands-on practice.
About the instructor, Eric Munn:
Eric Munn is a Licensed Massage Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant. He taught all aspects of massage therapy in a full time massage education program for over twelve years, ten of those years as program director. He has taught numerous continuing education courses in his twenty plus years of practice as a Massage Therapist. He has spent seven years as a Physical Therapist Assistant honing his massage and corrective exercise skills.
* CONTINUING EDUCATION CREDITS: This course is approved for massage therapists through the NCBTMB for all states but New York. The course is also approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. The Institute is also recognized by the PACE Program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards; chiropractors in PACE-approved states may take this course for credit.