This course will give you the guidance you will need to assist a patient or an employee in your office who is experiencing a true medical emergency.
This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
*Understanding of the most common medical emergencies in presentation and treatment options.
*Review of vital signs, medical health history, and documentation
*Understanding what drugs are in an emergency drug kit, their indications, contraindications, dose and route of administration
This course will teach you and your staff the fundamentals of handling medical emergencies. It will answer the following questions: *Is there a protocol for managing a medical emergency in your office? *What action would be taken? *Who is responsible for documentation? *What drugs or equipment should be readily available in the office? This course will prepare your office and staff for a variety of emergencies. This course is recommended for the entire dental team.
Credits: 3 CEUs for the 3 Hour Webinar for Managing Medical Emergencies
Location: All classes are at this time Live Webinars
Instructor: Joe Rector EMT BS ENG., OSHA Authorized General Industry OutReach Trainer