This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar. Live webinars are considered live credits, not distance learning.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
2 CEUs for NJ Chiropractors and NJ Massage Therapists *
Learn simple, practical and powerful tools from ancient Asian medicine (such as acupressure, tai chi, qi gong, meditation) that will help to build immunity and reduce anxiety. These techniques include mindful movement, diaphragmatic breathing, mental focus and relaxation, appropriate acupressure points, correct alignment of the body and more. Add these methods to your professional tool kit to help your patients/clients.
Course will cover:
- Theory and Overview of Methods
- Mind/Body Management in Traditional Chinese Medicine
- Key Points for Practice including Contraindications
- Demonstration and Guidance through Techniques
- Questions & Answers
Instructor: Gary McCabe, Owner of Relax Renew in Wayne NJ and massage therapist by trade, holds a B.A. in Cultural Anthropology and has been studying cross cultural human development and healing for over 25 years. He studied anthropology, yoga psychology and human development with Dr. A.K.B. Pillai, which included cross cultural field study in India, Europe and America. He has taught for over 15 years, presenting seminars and classes at Fortune 500 companies, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, adult schools and fitness facilities. He also offers private and small group training.
Gary teaches many courses for our school including Acupressure, Qi Gong and Mind/Body Methodologies and How to Grow Your Business with Chair Massage.
* This course is approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. It is also approved by PACE for chiropractors in states that recognize PACE. This course is approved for NJ massage therapists under Section 13:37-4.2(a) (i)(xiii) of the New Jersey Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy regulations. It is not NCBTMB-approved because it is considered energy work.