Heartsaver® First Aid CPR AED is a classroom, video-based, instructor-led course that teaches students critical skills needed to respond to and manage a first aid, choking or sudden cardiac arrest emergency in the first few minutes until emergency medical services (EMS) arrives.
Students learn skills such as how to treat bleeding, sprains, broken bones, shock and other first aid emergencies. This course also teaches adult CPR and AED use.
- Video-based course ensures consistency
- Instructor-led, hands-on class format reinforces skills proficiency
- Student manual comes with a new Heartsaver First Aid Quick Reference Guide that summarizes first aid actions for many injuries and illnesses
- Course is updated with the new science
- Key changes reflecting the new science from the 2010 American Heart Association Guidelines for Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and Emergency Cardiovascular Care
- First aid basics
- Medical emergencies
- Injury emergencies
- Environmental emergencies
- Adult CPR and AED use
- Optional modules in child CPR and AED use and infant CPR
Instructor: American Heart Association Instructors