This program can be attended as either a:
*LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar:
Requirements to attend using the live webinar option:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
*An In-Person Class (Attend at Our School):
We follow all the CDC/State guidelines for vocational schools. Please refer to the homepage of our website.
A minimum of two (2) continuing education credits in New Jersey law and rules governing the provision of burglar alarm, fire alarm and locksmithing services.
This class will provide you with the 2 hours of mandatory credits as well as 1 additional credit for trade-related/business related topics.
NJ Law & Rules Governing the Provision of Burglar, Fire Alarm, & Locksmith Services (Mandatory Course for License Renewal)
Course Objective: Upon completion of this course the student will be familiar with the NJ laws and rules governing the profession.
Introduction to New Jersey Administrative Code Title 13
1. Law and Public safety, Chapter 31A, Fire Alarms, burglar Alarms, and Locksmith Licensees and Business
2 Requirements for Licensure
3 Business license holder requirements/employees/Supervision/ Identification Cards.
4 General Provisions covered in 13:31A1.1 -13:31A-1.16
5 Advisory Committee Laws: 45:5A-18
6 NJ Uniform Enforcement Act, NJSA 45.1.1 et seg.
More Dates and Times will be offered
Instructor: Phil Cheff is a board certified NJ Master Plumber with over 20 years of plumbing experience, as well as teaching experience. He holds licenses in the following areas: Construction Official, Electrical Inspector, Plumbing Inspector, Fire Protection Inspector & Fire Official Inspector, BOCA certified Master code official. Approved Instructor # 19.