This program can be attended as either a :
*LIVE INTERACTIVE webinar: you will need an i-phone, i-pad, lap top, or desk top to view it. You do not need a microphone or webcam.
Webinar links are emailed one day prior to the class date.
*Attend at our School: we follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools
Attend One Topic Or BOTH for a Discounted Tuition on the same day :
We are approved provider by:
NJ Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
New York Board of Professional Engineers , Sponsor # 201 beginning 2/1/2018 to 1/31/2024
Florida Board of Professional Engineers: Laws and Rules and Ethics, Provider number 007543 (Ethics) 0010489
Florida Board of Professional Engineers: CE provider Provider number 0007543
Maryland Board for Professional Engineers
Innovative Structural Analysis Methods to Avoid Failures : Morning Session 8am to 12pm
- Define different types of structures?
- What are ‘Fracture Critical” & “Fatigue Prone” details in a structure and what are their significance?
- Why do structures fail during their service life?
- Discussion of different methods of structural analysis
- Illustrative pictures of failures of different types of structures and discussion
- Illustrative videos of failures of different types of structures and discussion
- Discussion of various topics, such as basic structural analysis of beam, column, truss, frames etc. and their combinations
- The analysis includes loading, shear force, bending moment, slope and deflection diagrams along with discussion regarding behavior of structure under static and dynamic loading
- Selection of appropriate structural analysis methods to avoid failures of structures with real life examples
- Why is it imperative to do at least 5 to 10 % of the analysis and design work manually to verify the mechanized computer work?
- Innovative methods to quickly analyze a complex structure to avoid blunders in structural analysis with real life examples.
- Discussion of scope of future research of structural analysis of structures for further advancement
Significance of Sustainable and Resilient Critical Infrastructure Systems: Afternoon Session 12:30pm to 3:30pm
- What exactly is infrastructure?
- What is the classification of infrastructure?
- What do we mean by sustainable infrastructure?
- What do we mean by resilient infrastructure?
- What is the problem with our old/existing infrastructure with reference to sustainability and resiliency?
- What is critical infrastructure and what are its divisions?
- Why our structure should be sustainable as well as resilient.
- How a lack of resilient infrastructure harms society and firms?
- What are the five pillars of sustainable development?
- What are the recommendations to address the obstacles of resilient infrastructure?
Tuition: Take 1 class $95.00 Take both classes $175.00
Avinash Prasad, PE, LS, F.ASCE, FF, EMT
Mr. Avinash Prasad is a Licensed Professional Engineer and Land Surveyor with more than 25 years of civil engineering and project management experience. As a registered professional engineer and land surveyor (NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI), he specializes in bridge asset management and structural evaluation of bridges, particularly suspension bridges. He is currently researching bridge asset management for his doctoral dissertation at New York University. He has received dual MS degrees in Civil Engineering and Engineering Management from NJIT and a BS degree in Civil Engineering from India. He has more than 1000 hours of continuing professional education as instructor/participating professional. He is a NJ state certified emergency medical technician (EMT), emergency medical responder (EMR), and firefighter (FF). He is also a certified CPR, AED administer. He is a fellow of American Society of Civil Engineers and an active member of several professional organizations such as: AREMA, PMI, AISC, NYSAPLS, IPWE, IRT and IIBE. The ASCE, Railway Age and Railway Track & Structure conference proceedings has accepted many of his technical papers for presentation and/or publication.