This program can be attended as either a :
*LIVE INTERACTIVE webinar: you will need an i-phone, i-pad, lap top, or desk top to view it. You do not need a microphone or webcam.
Webinar links are emailed one day prior to the class date.
*Attend at our School: we follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools
Attend One Topic Or BOTH for a Discounted Tuition on the same day :
We are approved provider by:
NJ Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
New York Board of Professional Engineers , Sponsor # 201 beginning 2/1/2018 to 1/31/2024
Florida Board of Professional Engineers: Laws and Rules and Ethics, Provider number 007543 (Ethics) 0010489
Florida Board of Professional Engineers: CE provider Provider number 0007543
Maryland Board for Professional Engineers
Basic Tunnel Design & Cost Analysis – Morning Session 8am to 12pm
4 Professional Development Units
- Preference of selection of tunnel over bridges, etc.
- Illustration of different tunnel sections
- History of US highway and railroad tunnels
- Comparison of infrastructure life: underground vs. above-ground
- What are the main problems of existing tunnel structures in the United States and abroad?
- Illustration of tunnel pictures under different conditions and discussion
- Why is water leakage the main problem for underground tunnels?
- How to mitigate the water leakage problem for underground tunnels
- Basic Types of highway and railroad tunnel construction in common use
- Cut And Cover: Bottom Up and Top Down Methods
- Basic concept of life cycle cost analysis
Advanced Tunnel Life Cycle Cost Analysis – Afternoon session 12:30pm to 4:30pm
4 Professional Development Units
- What is tunnel life cycle cost analysis?
- What are other contributing factors in selection of tunnel apart from life cycle cost analysis?
- Condition of our existing old famous tunnels who have passed their life cycle period
- Need and applications of Life Cycle Cost Analysis (LCCA)
- Features of LCCA
- Various Costs of LCCA
- Life-cycle cost model
- A sample calculation of LCC of a typical tunnel
- Life Cycle Cost (LCC) methodology
- Maximizing the infrastructure investment values using LCCA
- Limitations of LCCA
Future work for upgradation of highway and railroad tunnel technology
Tuition: Take 1 class $95.00 Take both classes $175.00
Avinash Prasad, PE, LS, F.ASCE, FF, EMT
Mr. Avinash Prasad is a Licensed Professional Engineer and Land Surveyor with more than 25 years of civil engineering and project management experience. As a registered professional engineer and land surveyor (NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI), he specializes in bridge asset management and structural evaluation of bridges, particularly suspension bridges. He is currently researching bridge asset management for his doctoral dissertation at New York University. He has received dual MS degrees in Civil Engineering and Engineering Management from NJIT and a BS degree in Civil Engineering from India. He has more than 1000 hours of continuing professional education as instructor/participating professional. He is a NJ state certified emergency medical technician (EMT), emergency medical responder (EMR), and firefighter (FF). He is also a certified CPR, AED administer. He is a fellow of American Society of Civil Engineers and an active member of several professional organizations such as: AREMA, PMI, AISC, NYSAPLS, IPWE, IRT and IIBE. The ASCE, Railway Age and Railway Track & Structure conference proceedings has accepted many of his technical papers for presentation and/or publication.