**Approved by the ASRT for Category A continuing education credit – an approved continuing education provider of ARRT
This is a Home Study Course for Chapter 13 in the textbook “Introduction to Radiologic & Imaging Sciences & Patient Care” , seventh edition by: Arlene Adler and Richard Carlton
To execute safe, efficient patient transfers with minimal stress and discomfort for health professionals and patients, the radiologic technologist must use proper body mechanics. Handle patients with care and respect and move patients with the application of professional knowledge and skill.
- Define concepts of body mechanics used in moving and handling a patient.
- Describe the cause, signs, symptoms, and treatment of orthostatic hypotension.
- Describe the basic principles of proper lifting and transfer techniques.
- Explain or demonstrate four types of wheelchair-to-bed transfers.
- Explain or demonstrate a standard cart transfer procedure.
- Identify five standard patient positions.
- List three types of commonly attached medical equipment and explain how this may influence how to move or position a patient.
Ceu’s: 1.0 CE credits
Location: Home study complete at your own pace
Here is the process to completing our home study course:
- Purchase the home study
- Purchase the book if you do not have it already
- ICE will email you a link with quiz
- Read the chapter
- Take the Quiz
- Return the Quiz and survey to ICE
- ICE will email your certificate
Approval Date: January 2, 2019 – February 2, 2020 Your courses must be completed by February 2, 2020 for you to earn your credits.
Upon Completion of the Home Study, the quiz answer sheet must be emailed | mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. Then you will be emailed your certificate. The certificate will be dated with the date it was received. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund.
**Once you pay for this program, you will receive an email link to the guidelines and quiz.