**Approved by the ASRT for Category A continuing education credit – an approved continuing education provider of ARRT
This is a Home Study Course for Chapter 6 in the textbook “Introduction to Radiologic & Imaging Sciences & Patient Care” , seventh edition by: Arlene Adler and Richard Carlton
With an understanding of how an imaging department functions within the framework of a hospital organization, the radiologic technologist can better relate to the cooperation and interaction required to deliver high-quality safe care to patients.
- Provide an overview of the administration of a hospital radiology department and the structure of hospital organization.
- Describe how the radiology department fits into and complements the hospital environment.
- Understand the role of the radiology administrator.
- Describe the functions of management, including planning, organizing and facilitating, staffing, directing, controlling, coordinating, and project management.
- Discuss the transition from traditional functions of management to the requirements of managing radiology in the current health care environment.
- Describe regulating agencies that affect radiology.
- Discuss the characteristics of desirable applicants for employment in radiology.
Ceu’s: 2.0 CE credits
Location: Home study complete at your own pace
Here is the process to completing our home study course:
- Purchase the home study
- Purchase the book if you do not have it already
- ICE will email you a link with quiz
- Read the chapter
- Take the Quiz
- Return the Quiz and survey to ICE
- ICE will email your certificate
Approval Date: January 2, 2019 – February 2, 2020 Your courses must be completed by February 2, 2020 for you to earn your credits.
Upon Completion of the Home Study, the quiz answer sheet must be emailed | mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. Then you will be emailed your certificate. The certificate will be dated with the date it was received. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund.
**Once you pay for this program, you will receive an email link to the guidelines and quiz.