**Approved by the ASRT for Category A continuing education credit – an approved continuing education provider of ARRT
This is a Home Study Course for Chapter 24 in the textbook “Introduction to Radiologic & Imaging Sciences & Patient Care” , seventh edition by: Arlene Adler and Richard Carlton
The profession of radiologic technology shares the ethical concerns of other health professions toward promoting good patient care. Beyond subscribing to the principles contained in a professional code of ethics, radiologic technologists need to reflect on a broader base of moral principles in their ethical decision making.
- Explain the ethics of the radiologic technology profession.
- Differentiate the systems of ethics, law, and morals.
- Explain the four-step problem-solving process of ethical analysis.
- Explain two sources of moral judgement that underlie ethical decision making.
- Identify moral dilemmas encountered in patient relationships.
- Identify moral dilemmas encountered in physician relationships.
- Identify moral dilemmas encountered in relationships with other health professionals.
- Recognize values associated with ethical decision making in the practice of radiologic technology.
- Apply critical analysis to ethical decision making.
Ceu’s: 1.5 CE credits
Location: Home study complete at your own pace
Here is the process to completing our home study course:
- Purchase the home study
- Purchase the book if you do not have it already
- ICE will email you a link with quiz
- Read the chapter
- Take the Quiz
- Return the Quiz and survey to ICE
- ICE will email your certificate
Approval Date: January 2, 2019 – February 2, 2020 Your courses must be completed by February 2, 2020 for you to earn your credits.
Upon Completion of the Home Study, the quiz answer sheet must be emailed | mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. Then you will be emailed your certificate. The certificate will be dated with the date it was received. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund.
**Once you pay for this program, you will receive an email link to the guidelines and quiz.