Posture is the Window to the Spine
6 CEUs for NJ Chiropractors & Massage Therapists (NCBTMB Approved) – This course can be taken as a live class, or a live webinar. There are limited seats available in-person.
Posture has an effect on the entire body. Learn how to “read” posture and assess what organs may be under stress. Proper spinal alignment leads to proper posture. The spine needs to protect the spinal cord and nervous system so understanding the physics of and correcting posture can be key to all over health. Conversely, what common stressors cause abnormal posture? Learn to adjust for spinal mobility and what exercises are optimal for the spine. Posture assessment can serve as a modality that will help you expand your patient care.
Introduction to Posture & Health
- Doctor’s Introduction / Knowledge Quiz
- Medical Research on Crisis vs Health care
- Medical Research on Posture and Health
- Discuss Normal Posture model
- Discussion Common Stressors that cause Abnormal Posture
- Discuss Global vs Segmental Subluxations
- Discuss the Cartesian Coordinate System
- Cartesian Coordinate and Posture
- Postural Rotations along each axis
- Postural Translations along each axis
- Postural Analysis Lab
Posture, Analysis & Treatment
- Digital Postural Analysis
- Posture & X-rays
- Using Posture to direct Adjustments
- Sample care plans
How to Add Postural Correction to Practice/Importance of Posture
- Increasing Collections using Postural Correction
- Close on the Importance of Posture and Discuss Advanced Study in Chiropractic Biophysics
- Field Audience Questions
Method of Instruction: Lecture, Facilitator-led Discussion, Hands-On
Students should bring: pencil, ruler and protractor.
Instructor: Dr. Marco Ferrucci, DC
Dr. Ferrucci runs a premier wellness center in Cedar Grove, NJ, treating patients for all aspects of chiropractic, health and wellness. He is also an adjunct professor at William Paterson University, Department of Kinesiology. He has special certification in Spinal (Postural) Corrective Care as well as post-graduate training in Functional Neurology and Functional Blood Chemistry Analysis.