Once you register for this class there are no refunds: Please be sure you are available on the date you picked and that you need this mandatory program.
NO REFUNDS ONCE PURCHASED
We are approved provider by:
- NJ Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- New York Board of Professional Engineers , Sponsor # 201 beginning 2/1/2018 to 1/31/2021
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers: Laws and Rules and Ethics, Provider number 0007543 (Ethics) 0010489
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers: CE provider Provider number 0007543
- Maryland Board for Professional Engineers
Course Description: This course will begin with a review of the definition of engineering ethics as defined by the National Society of Professional Engineers (NSPE). Following this introduction, a case study will be presented including William LeMessurier’s disclosure of a flaw in the Citicorp’s structure. This case study, in addition to other cases involving engineering ethics, will explore the dilemmas engineers may be faced with during their professional careers as well as the potentially disastrous consequences that can occur if a professional engineer fails in his responsibility to uphold public safety.
Course Topics: This course will address the Canons, Rules of Practice, and Professional Obligations as cited in the NSPE Code of Ethics, specifically: the engineer’s obligations to society, clients, and the profession; and ethical dilemmas encountered in engineering practice.
Course Objectives: Upon completion of the course, the participant should be cognizant of the NSPE Ethical Code and be able to apply these standards to ethical dilemmas that regularly arise during the normal practice of the engineering profession.
This is a live Webinar
CEU/PDHs = 2