**Approved by the ASRT for Category A continuing education credit – an approved continuing education provider of ARRT
This is a Home Study Course for Chapter 11 in the textbook “Introduction to Radiologic & Imaging Sciences & Patient Care” , seventh edition by: Arlene Adler and Richard Carlton
The importance of interacting effectively with patients is critical the radiologic technician as well as the patient. The technologist holds significant power, including the most basic elements of a person’s dignity and self-respect. Learn the special considerations need in caring for many different types of patients you may come across in your daily activities as a radiologic technologist.
- Identify qualities needed to be a caring radiologic technologist.
- Specify needs that cause people to enter radiologic technology as a profession.
- Discuss general needs that patients may have according to Maslow’s hierarchy of needs.
- Relate differences between the needs of inpatients and those of outpatients.
- Explain why patient interaction is important to patients, as well as their family and friends.
- Analyze effective methods of communicating with patients of various ages.
- Explain appropriate interaction techniques for various types of patients.
- Discuss considerations of the physical changes of aging with regard to radiologic procedures.
- Discuss appropriate methods of responding to terminally ill patients.
Ceu’s: 1.0 CE credits
Location: Home study complete at your own pace
Here is the process to completing our home study course:
- Purchase the home study
- Purchase the book if you do not have it already
- ICE will email you a link with quiz
- Read the chapter
- Take the Quiz
- Return the Quiz and survey to ICE
- ICE will email your certificate
Approval Date: January 2, 2019 – February 2, 2020 Your courses must be completed by February 2, 2020 for you to earn your credits.
Upon Completion of the Home Study, the quiz answer sheet must be emailed | mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. Then you will be emailed your certificate. The certificate will be dated with the date it was received. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund.
**Once you pay for this program, you will receive an email link to the guidelines and quiz.