MEN’S HEALTH ISSUES
6 CEUs for Athletic Training, Massage Therapy, NJ Physical Therapy/PTA and NJ Chiropractic.
Course includes complimentary lunch.
This course explores the structure and functioning of bodies that have been assigned male at birth, as well as the social influences on those bodies. We will pay particular attention to adjustments the body makes during normal physiological events and during disease processes. We will consider all mental and physical health issues in relation to the social and cultural roles that males play primarily here in the US but also in other cultural settings.
COURSE LEARNING GOALS
Ideally, students who complete this course will be able to:
- Recognize and describe physiological processes and phenomena relating to health and illness.
- Identify and analyze the dramatic interplay between physiological processes and social
- Explain the role of inflammation in its relation to heart health and disease.
- Define the functioning of a man’s anatomy, especially the prostate and ramifications of prostatic hyperplasia
- Explain the role of nutrition in causing or reducing inflammation.
Nutrition will be discussed at length in relationship to the individual as well as his family.
COURSE WILL COVER:
- Understanding male anatomy and possible functional imbalances that can lead to disease states
- Cardiovascular system and interventions to alleviate and prevent difficulties
- Blood workups with regard to HDL, LDL, VLDL, CHOLYMICRONS and IDL.
- Specific nutritional interventions to eschew disease propensities
- ROLE OF INFLAMMATION
- ANATOMY OF ARTERIES, VEINS, CAPILLARIES, VENULES
- ANATOMY OF THE GI TRACT, ROLE OF ANTIOXIDANTS
- ENDOGENOUS ANTIOXIDANTS
- ROLE OF TONUS WITH REGARD TO THE ILEOCECAL VALVE, PYLORIC VALVE, CARDIAC SPHINCTER
- RELATIONSHIP BETWEEN THE SACRUM AND THE PROSTATE GLAND
- NUTRITION FOR THE PROSTATE GLAND
- ERECTILE DYSFUNCTION AND THE LUMBAR, COCCYGEAL PLEXUS
- ANTI INFLAMMATORY NUTRITION
- PROPER NUTRITION
- BLOOD TESTS FOR CARDIO VASCULAR NUTRITION
- WHY CHOLESTEROL IS NOT THE BOOGEY MAN
- TYPING OF HDL
- HIATAL HERNIA CORRECTION
- ILEOCECAL VALVE CORRECTION
- UNDERSTANDING REFERRED PAIN
Instructor: Dr. Arthur Feintuch, DC, DAAPM
- Monmouth University Adjunct Professor Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Dental Studies Institute and the Institute for Continuing Education – Continuing Ed Instructor
- Ocean County College-Developer and Adjunct Instructor EEG program
- Brookdale Community College- Adjunct Instructor and Developer EEG program, Pharmaceutical Math, Occupational Therapy
- Premier Medical and Dental Institute-Phlebotomy, EKG, Pharmacology, Injection Technique, Medical Law and Ethics, etc.
- Middlesex County College-Adjunct Instructor Anatomy and Physiology including lab and lecture
- Designed, developed, and instructed Post Graduate Cranial Anatomy course for continuing education credits to Post-Doctoral Physical Therapy Practitioners
- Gibbs College-Adjunct Instructor Medical Assisting (entire program)
- Chiropractic Physician
- New Jersey State Teaching Certification Secondary Education
- 35 Years Private Practice running multiple offices