**Approved by the ASRT for Category A continuing education credit – an approved continuing education provider of ARRT
This is a Home Study Course for Chapter 20 in the textbook “Introduction to Radiologic & Imaging Sciences & Patient Care” , seventh edition by: Arlene Adler and Richard Carlton
The thought of some medical emergencies may be somewhat frightening, but most of them are uncommon. They do occur with enough regularity, however, that technologists must be aware of typical signs and symptoms associated with various conditions.
- Define Terms related to medical emergencies.
- List the objectives of first aid.
- List general priorities for working with patients in acute situations.
- Explain the purpose of an emergency cart and its contents.
- Differentiate between the two primary types of external cardiac defibrillators.
- Explain the four levels of consciousness.
- Describe the signs and symptoms of various medical emergencies.
- Discuss methods of avoiding the factors that contribute to shock.
- Discuss factors that contribute to the development of hypoglycemia.
- Describe the appropriate procedure for handling patients with various medical emergencies.
- Describe the correct procedure for administration of cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
- Describe the general procedure for the use of an automatic external cardiac defibrillator.
- Demonstrate appropriate principles of cardiopulmonary resuscitation.
Ceu’s: 1.5 CE credits
Location: Home study complete at your own pace
Here is the process to completing our home study course:
- Purchase the home study
- Purchase the book if you do not have it already
- ICE will email you a link with quiz
- Read the chapter
- Take the Quiz
- Return the Quiz and survey to ICE
- ICE will email your certificate
Approval Date: January 2, 2019 – February 2, 2020 Your courses must be completed by February 2, 2020 for you to earn your credits.
Upon Completion of the Home Study, the quiz answer sheet must be emailed | mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. Then you will be emailed your certificate. The certificate will be dated with the date it was received. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund.
**Once you pay for this program, you will receive an email link to the guidelines and quiz.