This program is a LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar.
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Live webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
2 CE Credits for Chiropractors, Physical Therapists, Physical Therapy Assistants and Massage Therapists *
“Text neck” has become a common repetitive stress injury or overuse syndrome, caused by prolonged static forward positioning of the neck and head—most often from the use of mobile devices. Learn more about what this condition is, ways to treat the affected muscles/joints and ways to prevent recurrence of stress or pain.
What muscles and joints are affected by text neck positioning? Treatments can include massage, stretching, home exercises, and other techniques. Prevention and self-care will also be discussed.
About the instructor, Eric Munn:
Eric Munn is a Licensed Massage Therapist and Physical Therapist Assistant. He taught all aspects of massage therapy in a full time massage education program for over twelve years, ten of those years as program director. He has taught numerous continuing education courses in his twenty plus years of practice as a Massage Therapist. He has spent seven years as a Physical Therapist Assistant honing his massage and corrective exercise skills.
* This course is approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. The Institute is also recognized as a chiropractic CE provider with the PACE Program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards (FCLB). For massage therapists, this course is approved by the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), for all states but New York. For NJ physical therapists and PTAs, this course is approved by the NJ Board of Physical Therapy Examiners, approval code #2310-72.