LIVE WEBINAR – Approved for 2 CEUs for NJ Chiropractors and NJ Massage Therapists *
This is a live webinar which means that it is interactive; you will be able to hear the instructor in real time and ask questions. Live webinars represent live continuing ed credits, not distance learning. Anyone who registers for this course will receive a link to sign into the webinar. Certificates of Completion will be issued by email after the course ends. This class will be held on Zoom. You will need speakers and preferably a microphone and webcam. Most laptops, tablets and smartphones have these features. If you do not have a microphone, you should be able to type in any questions that you have.
Neurolinguistic Programming, or NLP, encompasses the three most important factors involved in making up the human experience: neurology (your brain, what you have learned and how you react to things), language (how your mind hears and then relates to the words being said— emotionally or physically) and programming (how you react to the whole experience physically or mentally). NLP addresses the interaction between mind and language and how that affects your body and behavior.
First used in the 1970’s, NLP continues to be a very useful tool for improving how people think, behave and feel. It can be used to improve what people do, eliminate any unwanted behaviors or thoughts they may have, help them to think more clearly, let go of fears, gain confidence, reduce anxiety, cope with pain, feel empowered and manage thoughts, moods and behaviors.
Course will include:
- How and why Neurolinguistic Programming was developed
- The conscious and subconscious minds
- How NLP works
- The importance of language used in NLP
- Hands-on practice for all students:
- Three Finger
- Knuckle Trick
- Ball Toss
- Touching Stone or Coin
- Fist Trick
- Hand Wave
- How NLP works as self-hypnosis, in conjunction with subconscious mind, as a relaxation tool and an agent of behavioral change (including pain perception)
- Questions and Answers
Instructor: Kathleen M. Lindert, Advanced Certified Hypnotherapist and Certified Instructor (A.Cht., CI.), is President and Owner of The Mental Edge LLC. She is also a blogger, speaker and author of the How to Fix Yourself for Good book series and Quit Smoking without Gaining Weight.
* This course is approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. This course is approved for NJ massage therapists under Section 13:37-4.2(a) (i)(xiii) of the New Jersey Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy regulations.