Non-Credit – Exception: 2 CEUs for NJ Chiropractors and Massage Therapists
This is a live webinar; it is interactive and held in real time. It is not considered distance learning.
It’s not all about credits! Do you know what you need to know to employ people in the state of New Jersey? This is key information!
This course is intended for EMPLOYERS/BUSINESS OWNERS/MANAGERS but is open to anyone.
Join us for this very informative live webinar as Dennis Alessi Esq. discusses the many changes in employment law that have been affecting businesses in New Jersey.
You will come away understanding:
- NJ’s Paid Sick Leave Law (How it Applies to all Businesses)
- Changes to the NJ Family Leave Act
- Viability of Arbitration Agreements
- NJ’s New Equal Pay Act
- Recent Developments in Employment Law
- Independent Contractor vs. Employee
- Employer Obligation to Maintain and Report Records (This also applies to any temporary staff that an office is paying directly.)
Teaching method will be lecture format and Q & A period.
* This course is approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. This course is approved for massage therapists through the National Certification Board for Therapeutic Massage and Bodywork (NCBTMB), Approved Provider # 307800-00.
Dennis J. Alessi, Esq., Member and Co-Chair, Labor & Employment Law, Mandelbaum Salsburg, P.C.
Mr. Alessi co-chairs the Heath Care Department and represents clients in all areas of heath care law. Mr. Alessi has considerable experience in representing all types of health care and related companies, as well as individual professionals, management and billing service providers, third party administrators, industry trade associations, group purchasing organizations, surgical centers, medical groups, physicians and other health care professionals. Mr. Alessi is regularly involved in structuring of health care businesses and transactions, advising clients on compliance with complex regulations, arbitrating contractual and other disputes between health care entities or individual providers, litigating health care related issues in federal and state courts and representing companies, medical groups or individual professionals in various administrative procedures, are all within Mr. Alessi’s range of activities as a health care law specialist. Representing health care companies, medical practices and individual professionals, as well as the general business community, in all aspects of employment law, including establishing personnel policies and procedures to insure compliance with all federal and state employment-related laws and defending against employee law suits such as sexual harassment and whistle-blower claims, is another of Mr. Alessi’s specialized practice areas. Mr. Alessi received a B.A. degree from the College of William and Mary in 1971, a J.D. degree from New England School of Law in 1976 and an L.L.M., with honors, from New York University in 1980.