This course is the same as the live version offered at our school in the past. It is being taught remotely as a live webinar.
4 CEUs for NJ chiropractors and NJ massage therapists. * This class will meet the NJ chiropractic license renewal requirement of 2 credits of nutrition.
Live webinars are interactive. You will be able to ask questions and communicate in real time with the instructor. It is not considered distance learning. Anyone registered for this class will receive instructions regarding how to sign in to the live webinar. It is recommended that you have speakers and a microphone for this class. Most laptops, tablets and smartphones will have these functions.
How does what we eat affect our health? Our food is different today than it was in the past—-processed, treated, transported. What is a GMO? What is inflammation and how can we control it in the human body? Can we make ourselves feel better by eating differently instead of taking more medications? Learn about nutrition trends and about how food can be connected to gut, brain or oral health. This class will help you advise patients about how to feel better through diet.
Approved for 4 CEUs for Massage Therapists and NJ Chiropractors
- Understand how food impacts human health
- See how US food sourcing and delivery works today
- Learn the difference between calories and why the type of food and when it is eaten may affect both how one feels and whether one can control weight
- Understand different types of dietary fats and how they affect blood sugars, inflammation, gut health, sleep and weight
- Learn about what a genetically modified organism (GMO) is and its relationship to the American diet.
- See why some people have problems digesting gluten or dairy
- Determine the differences between types and sources of meat
- Evaluate how to advise patients about dietary concerns/solutions
COURSE WILL INCLUDE:
DOES FOOD MATTER?
Video on how food impacts our health.
Health cannot be reliant on just medications.
Counting calories cannot be measured equally.
Will not have identical affects in weight loss, inflammation, hormones, brain function and gut.
SMALL MEALS VS 3 MEALS A DAY
Multiple meals a day.
Affects on blood sugars, inflammation, gut health, sleep, and weight.
Understanding fats & how it affects our health/inflammation.
EGGS & CHOLESTEROL CONNECTION
Health benefits of eggs.
History of eggs and cholesterol.
Studies on benefits and downfalls.
Health benefits for heart disease, diabetes, menopause.
History on how soy traveled to American plates.
Harvesting and processing, GMOs
Possible new healthy way.
What is gluten free.
Gut and brain health.
GMO & PESTICIDES
The impact on our health.
How to avoid them and why.
Pro and Cons on our health, gut, bones, teeth.
Benefits for health.
Organic/Grass fed/Pasture fed/Free range/Wild caught
Affects on inflammation, heart health, hormones.
FATS THAT ARE SAFE TO COOK
Choices of fats impact inflammation and health.
Are they a safe replacement to sugar
Weight gain connection
INSTRUCTOR: Anabela Bacchione, NTP, RDH
Anabela Bacchione has been a Registered Dental Hygienist since 1990. Realizing the important role that good nutrition plays in oral health, she returned to school in 2007 to study at the Nutritional Therapy Association, a board-certified nutrition program based out of Olympia, WA. For over 8 years, she has worked as a Nutritional Therapy Practitioner (NTP) for private clients as well as for a large DMD practice in northern NJ where she is the Holistic Nutritionist on staff. She also lectures frequently, is a member of multiple health-related organizations, operates a private traditional food cooperative, and keeps up-to-date on nutrition and integrative medicine through attending numerous seminars and symposiums each year.
* This course is approved for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is a Pre-Approved Provider/Sponsor with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners. This course is approved for NJ massage therapists under Section 13:37-4.2(a) (i)(xiii) of the New Jersey Board of Massage and Bodywork Therapy regulations.