We Never Charge a Registration Fee, Only a Class Tuition Fee
Get 16 Credits in One Weekend: Attend Live or Live Webinar
Location: The Institute for Continuing Education, 7 Spielman Road, Fairfield, NJ 07004
Our classes are always approved before we offer them: Complimentary Continental Breakfast and Lunch Served Both Days
We are approved provider by:
- NJ Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors (Land Surveyor Classes are individually Approved)
- New York Board of Professional Engineers, Sponsor # 201 beginning 2/1/2018 to 1/31/2021
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers: Laws and Rules and Ethics, Provider number 0007543 (Ethics) 0010489
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers: CE provider Provider number 0007543
- Maryland Board for Professional Engineers
DAY 1 – Saturday November 16, 2019 Time: 8:30am to 5pm
Ethical Issues of Land Surveying Professionals: 4 CEUs (Mandatory for License Renewal) Time: 8:30am to 12:30pm
Course Outline: Required topic for License Renewal
- Identify ethical issues
- Solve practical problems related to ethics
- Describe and avoid pitfalls related to ethics.
- Why maintain high ethical Standards
- How to maintain high ethical standards
Surveyors Rights & Liabilities to Enter Private Property for Performance of Survey: 4 CEUs Time: 1pm to 5pm
- Introduction to Surveyors Rights & Liabilities in performing surveys.
- What are the rights and obligations of surveyors in performing surveys in private properties?
- State Provisions under which land surveyors are protected against liabilities while performing surveys.
- Precautions taken by land surveyors in performing land surveying duties in private or public properties.
- How private owners can be protected against these special rights of land surveyors?
- How to prevent land surveyors from liability arising out of this situation with real life examples
DAY 2 – Sunday, November 17, 2019 Time: 8:30am to 5pm
Mathematics for Land Surveyors 4 CEUs Time: 8:30am to 12:30pm
- Why mathematics is important.
- Which portion of mathematics knowledge is critical?
- How inadequate knowledge of mathematics can create problems in performing land surveying jobs.
- Answer basic and advanced mathematic problems.
- Recognize solution formats for problems and then make correct effective use of appropriate methods to solve them.
- How to visualize immediate preliminary solution to complex mathematical problems
Eminent Domain: Power of Government to take private property for public use 4 CEUs Time: 1pm to 5pm
- What is eminent domain
- Eminent Domain: when and how this happens?
- What elements need to be fulfilled in order to enact the eminent domain doctrine?
- What are the provisions of remuneration given to ta private owner whose property is taken by eminent domain?
- Can an innocent private owner be exempted from the provision of eminent domain?
Register for Day 3 of our Fall 2019 Conference at the same time to get the remaining 8 CEUs for license renewal and a BIG DISCOUNT!
Please call our office if you would like to only enroll in partial day classes. (973) 808-1666
Attend live in-class at our school or attend via a live webinar from your location. After you register for any webinar, you will receive instructions for signing into the webinar on the day of the class.
Mr. Avinash Prasad is a Licensed Professional Engineer and Land Surveyor with more than 25 years of civil engineering and project management experience. As a registered professional engineer and land surveyor (NJ, NY, CT, MA, RI), he specializes in bridge asset management and structural evaluation of bridges, particularly suspension bridges. He is currently researching bridge asset management for his doctoral dissertation at New York University. He has received dual MS degrees in Civil Engineering and Engineering Management from NJIT and a BS degree in Civil Engineering from India. He has more than 1000 hours of continuing professional education as instructor/participating professional. He is a NJ state certified emergency medical technician (EMT), emergency medical responder (EMR), and firefighter (FF). He is also a certified CPR, AED administer. He is a fellow of American Society of Civil Engineers and an active member of several professional organizations such as: AREMA, PMI, AISC, NYSAPLS, IPWE, IRT and IIBE. The ASCE, Railway Age and Railway Track & Structure conference.