We are approved provider by:
- NJ Board of Professional Engineers and Land Surveyors
- New York Board of Professional Engineers , Sponsor # 201 beginning 2/1/2018 to 1/31/2021
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers: Laws and Rules and Ethics, Provider number 0007543 (Ethics) 0010489
- Florida Board of Professional Engineers: CE provider Provider number 0007543
- Maryland Board for Professional Engineers
|Course Description||Lean Six Sigma is helping local organizations – and entire industries – improve processes, increase customer satisfaction, and improve the bottom line. In this course, taught by an ASQ Certified Six Sigma Black Belt, you will learn about the American Society for Quality Green Belt, Black Belt, Master Black Belt and Lean Bodies of Knowledge. You will be taught many of the basic tools using the DMAIC (Define – Measure – Analyze – Improve – Control) methodology, along with Lean Thinking. You will also see examples of successful Lean Six Sigma Projects. Come hear how ASQ SSGB, SSBB, MBB or Lean Certification could enhance your career. You will gain a White Belt Body of Knowledge, and learn how SSGB, SSBB, MBB or Lean Certification could enhance your career.
This 6-hour course is ideal if your organization is already using or planning to adapt Lean and/or Six Sigma methodologies. It is also helpful if you are planning to take any of the Lean Six Sigma Certification Exams. It is recommended for quality professionals, engineers and other managers who want to improve the efficiency of operations and processes.
|Course Learning Outcomes||Upon completion of this training, participants will be able to:
1. Differentiate between various Lean Six Sigma Bodies of Knowledge.
2. Use a variety of basic Lean Six Sigma Tools.
3. Pursue further Lean Six Sigma Education.
4. Comprehend the power of team-based Lean Six Sigma Projects.
5. Appreciate how Lean Six Sigma is helping organizations and industries improve.
6. Know how pursuing ASQ SSGB, SSBB, or Lean Certification could help you.
|Class Topics||· The value of LSS Certification
· Lean Thinking
· Value Streams
· The Seven Wastes (Muda)
· 5S Housekeeping for Workplace Organization
· Visual Control
· Fool Proofing (Poka Yoke)
· Standardized Work
· Kaizen / Kaizen Event (Good Change)
· Kanban / Just In Time (JIT)
· Quick Changeover
· Total Productive Maintenance
· Action Plans
· Six Sigma Quality
· Core Concepts
· Statistical Basis
· Problem Solving
· DFSS (Design for Six Sigma)
· DMAIC (Define – Measure – Analyze – Improve – Control)
· Six Sigma Organizations
· Six Sigma Benefits
· SSGB (Six Sigma Green Belt)
· SSBB (Six Sigma Black Belt)
· Six Sigma Certification
· Six Sigma Books
· IS0 9000, Lean, Six Sigma, Baldrige
· Lean Six Sigma
· Activities and Tools
· Project Examples
· Lean Six Sigma Projects
· ASQ SSGB, SSBB, MBB and Lean Bodies of Knowledge
· ASQ SSGB, SSBB, MBB and Lean Certifications
· References: LSS Books, LSS Websites
|Prepared by||Instructor Ed May|
CEU’s/Professional Development Credits: 6
Date: Saturday March 16, 2019: Time: 9AM to 4:30PM , complimentary lunch included
Place: Institute for Continuing Education, 7 Spielman Road, Fairfield, NJ 07004
Instructor: Edwin May, Bachelor of Engineering, Stevens Institute of Technology, Master of Business Administration from Harvard Business School, Adjunct Professor at NJ Institute of Technology, Union County College, ASQ North Jersey Section, On-site Quality Training as well as Oquality project Implementation for a variety of companies. Mr. May has also been a guest speaker at many technical society meetings and past director of NY/NJ District of Precision Metalforming Association.