**Approved by the ASRT for Category A continuing education credit – an approved continuing education provider of ARRT
This is a Home Study Course for Chapter 1 in the textbook “Introduction to Radiologic & Imaging Sciences & Patient Care” , seventh edition by: Arlene Adler and Richard Carlton
Radiation is energy transmitted by waves through space or through a medium(matter). It is both helpful and essential for life. Energy is the capacity to operate or work. Many forms of energy are used in medicine to help diagnose and treat patients.
- Explain the use of radiation in medicine.
- Provide an overview of the history of medicine.
- Describe the discovery of x-rays.
- Define terms related to radiologic technology.
- Explain the career opportunities within the profession of radiologic technology.
- Identify the various specialties within a radiology department.
- Describe the typical responsibilities of the members of the radiology team.
- Explain the career-ladder opportunities within a radiology department.
- Discuss the roles of other members of the health care team.
Ceu’s: 1.75 CE credits
Location: Home study complete at your own pace
Here is the process to completing our home study course:
- Purchase the home study
- Purchase the book if you do not have it already
- ICE will email you a link with quiz
- Read the chapter
- Take the Quiz
- Return the Quiz and survey to ICE
- ICE will email your certificate
Approval Date: January 2, 2019 – February 2, 2020 Your courses must be completed by February 2, 2020 for you to earn your credits.
Upon Completion of the Home Study, the quiz answer sheet must be emailed | mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. Then you will be emailed your certificate. The certificate will be dated with the date it was received. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund.
**Once you pay for this program, you will receive an email link to the guidelines and quiz.