**Approved by the ASRT for Category A continuing education credit – an approved continuing education provider of ARRT
This is a Home Study Course for Chapter 10 in the textbook “Introduction to Radiologic & Imaging Sciences & Patient Care” , seventh edition by: Arlene Adler and Richard Carlton
Human diversity is a topic of global importance. Patient care hinges on understanding, communication, and empathy, and health care is fostering the development of these skills in every practitioner because doing so will directly benefit society as a whole.
- Define human diversity.
- List some of the human diversity characteristics.
- Describe the human diversity traits of age, ethnicity or national origin, race, gender or sexual orientation, and mental and physical ability.
- Name the values that are prescribed to U.S. mainstream culture.
- List the elements associated with cultural competency.
- Discuss valuing diversity,
- Know the empathetic practices that help foster cultural insight and produce improved outcomes.
- Describe the six areas of human diversity that health care providers need to understand to provide high quality and effective care.
- Discuss ways in which professional medical imaging organizations have expressed valuing human diversity.
Ceu’s: 1.5 CE credits
Location: Home study complete at your own pace
Here is the process to completing our home study course:
- Purchase the home study
- Purchase the book if you do not have it already
- ICE will email you a link with quiz
- Read the chapter
- Take the Quiz
- Return the Quiz and survey to ICE
- ICE will email your certificate
Approval Date: January 2, 2019 – February 2, 2020 Your courses must be completed by February 2, 2020 for you to earn your credits.
Upon Completion of the Home Study, the quiz answer sheet must be emailed | mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. Then you will be emailed your certificate. The certificate will be dated with the date it was received. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund.
**Once you pay for this program, you will receive an email link to the guidelines and quiz.