**Approved by the ASRT for Category A continuing education credit – an approved continuing education provider of ARRT
This is a Home Study Course for Chapter 25 in the textbook “Introduction to Radiologic & Imaging Sciences & Patient Care” , seventh edition by: Arlene Adler and Richard Carlton
The health information management department is a key department that affects many other departments. This department directly affects hospital revenue and therefore facility operations. The health information management professionals ensure the availability of health information for health care delivery, and information for critical decisions across various organizations, settings, and disciplines.
- Identify major health information management department functions.
- List the key components of a patient health record in acute care.
- List the key components of a patient health record in alternative health care settings, including ambulatory care and long-term care.
- Describe how health record documentation affects health care facilities and physician reimbursement.
- Describe the prospective payment system, including diagnosis-related groups, ambulatory payment classifications, and coding and classification systems.
- Identify coding as it relates to radiologic procedures and the reimbursement of impact for health care facilities.
- Identify components of performance improvement and the relationship of performance improvement to all hospital departments.
- Differentiate between confidential and nonconfidential information.
- Explain the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act privacy and security requirements in a radiologic setting.
- Discuss the procedure for correcting or amending documentation errors in a patient health record.
Ceu’s: 1.5 CE credits
Location: Home study complete at your own pace
Here is the process to completing our home study course:
- Purchase the home study
- Purchase the book if you do not have it already
- ICE will email you a link with quiz
- Read the chapter
- Take the Quiz
- Return the Quiz and survey to ICE
- ICE will email your certificate
Approval Date: January 2, 2019 – February 2, 2020 Your courses must be completed by February 2, 2020 for you to earn your credits.
Upon Completion of the Home Study, the quiz answer sheet must be emailed | mailed | faxed in to receive your credits. Credits are earned when the Quiz is received at our facility. Then you will be emailed your certificate. The certificate will be dated with the date it was received. NOTE: Once purchased, these cannot be returned for refund.