Grow your Business with Chair Massage
Massage Therapists – Chair massage offers the perfect opportunity to market your services. Clients get to meet you, sample your skill set and knowledge base with minimal investment.
You are not only presenting yourself to the public, but also how you interact with potential clients. Everything you do is important in this context. Learn important tips about presentation, techniques that work better in the chair, communication skills, do’s and don’ts, hygiene, posture, Qigong for energy and a complete Tui na based Chair Massage routine with proven success in Corporate settings and Health Fairs.
4 CEUs for Massage Therapists and Bodyworkers only.
Class will cover:
- Appearance, Posture and Communication
- Hygiene for each massage
- Positioning of Client and how they are seen by others
- Your energy preparation with Qigong
- Having several options, bolsters, pillows, sturdy chair etc.
- How to sell yourself and address concerns while doing your massage without overselling
- Listening skills (tactile and auditory)
- Learning the Tuina Chair massage routine
- Incorporating your own unique style and skills in a seated session.
Please dress comfortably and bring a massage chair if you have one.
About the Instructor:
Gary McCabe, B.A. Cultural Anthropology, has been studying cross cultural human development and healing for over 25 years. He studied anthropology, yoga psychology and human development with Dr. A.K.B. Pillai, which included cross cultural field study in India, Europe and America. He has taught for over 15 years, presenting seminars and classes at Fortune 500 companies, hospitals, rehabilitation centers, adult schools and fitness facilities. He also offers private and small group training.
Testimonial from a former Chair Massage Student:
This chair massage class will elevate your skill set! Gary McCabe’s extensive knowledge and pleasant demeanor combine to make this one of the best continuing education offerings at ICE. I highly recommend it!
Ed D., LMT