Also available on August 18: NJ LAW & RULES GOVERNING THE PROVISION OF BURGLAR, FIRE ALARM, & LOCKSMITH SERVICES, 2:30-5:30pm.
NJ UNIFORM CONSTRUCTION CODE – Mandatory Class for License Renewal
Class objective: To provide the student with an understanding of what the NJ Uniform Construction code is, how it works , and the process in which it is enforced.
- What is the NJ State Uniform Construction Code
- Rules issued
- Technical standards for construction
2. How it works
- Reference national model construction codes
- The process
- Construction permits
- The construction process, inspections, compliances and local enforcing agencies
- Temporary Certificate of Occupancy.
- Who Enforces it.
- State licensed, municipally employed code enforcement professionals.
- Definitions of construction official.
- The primary responsibility of code enforcement professionals
- State owned buildings and municipalities
- Penalties for not abiding to the Code.
Instructor: Phil Cheff is a board certified NJ Master Plumber with over 20 years of plumbing experience, as well as teaching experience. He holds licenses in the following areas: Construction Official, Electrical Inspector, Plumbing Inspector, Fire Protection Inspector & Fire Official Inspector, BOCA certified Master code official. Approved Instructor # 19.