On August 17, this course must be taken with Americans with Disabilities Act from 8:00am-2:30pm, with lunch at 11:00am. Total credits: 6 CEUs. Also available that date: Smoke Detection, 2:30-5:30pm, 3 CEUs.
For information about Americans with Disabilities Act course, please click HERE.
Class objective: This program will provide the student with a detailed understanding of what the Barrier Free Subcode is. All aspects of the code will be discussed as well as definitions and compliance. An explanation of the Barrier Free Sub code NJAC 5:23-7. Exceptions as well as nonresidential & residential building codes will be
covered. Building entrances, interior accessibly routes and exterior accessible routes will be discussed.
A. Accessibility Standard NJAC 5:23- 27.2
- Accessible and usable buildings and facilities.
- Dimensions and constructions specifications for sites buildings, and Structures
- Temporary structures, sites and equipment
- Areas of buildings or structures where work cannot reasonable be performed by persons having a severe impairment.
- Unclassified accessory buildings or structures of Use Group U.
- Buildings of Group
C. Nonresidential buildings and buildings of Use Group R-1
- Small Buildings
- Shopping Centers or Malls
- Accessible routes
D. Residential Buildings other than Group R-1
- Accessible entrance
- Common use facilities
- Elevator serviced buildings
- Shower compartment, mirror height, kitchen cabinets, windows, etc.
E. Exterior accessible route
- Parking access aisles, curb ramps, walks, or ramps.
- Natural and undeveloped contour of the land
- Entrances to buildings or spaces in buildings.
F. Accessible building entrances
G. Interior accessible routes 15 minutes
- Line of sight, platform lifts, floor levels, etc.
Instructor: Phil Cheff is a board certified NJ Master Plumber with over 20 years of plumbing experience, as well as teaching experience. He holds licenses in the following areas: Construction Official, Electrical Inspector, Plumbing Inspector, Fire Protection Inspector & Fire Official Inspector, BOCA certified Master code official. Approved Instructor # 19.