14 CEUs for Massage Therapists, 16 CEUs for NJ Chiropractors *
Save $100 through October 15! The Institute for Continuing Education will also recognize any ABMP discount for Benjamin Institute coursework (50% of full tuition). If using ABMP, please call (973) 808-1666 to register; we will need your membership number.
Dr. Ben Benjamin of The Benjamin Institute returns to our school to teach Assessment and Treatment of the Shoulder! This is a two-day seminar that can be attended in-person or by live webinar. It is recommended that anyone attending by live webinar have a model available for practicing techniques.
This comprehensive workshop unveils the missing piece of the puzzle to shoulder pain. As a result, participants learn how to precisely assess the most commonly injured structures in the shoulder and to use effective therapeutic approaches to eliminate the injury causing the pain. Attendees gain the tools to successfully differentiate muscle, ligament, and tendon injuries, and fine-tune their palpation skills and hands-on techniques. Drawing from 50 years of experience as a therapist, educator, speaker, and author, Dr. Ben Benjamin enables all participants to learn the missing link that can solve a wide range of complaints linked to chronic and severe shoulder pain in this lab-intensive course.
Who should attend this workshop?
• This workshop is for professionals who want to increase their expertise and success rate in working with clients who suffer from shoulder injuries.
• You will learn how to find the exact source of a client’s pain and provide targeted treatments.
• The workshop will give you the knowledge and understanding to make you a more effective massage therapist.
There are six major components to the training:
• Anatomy: Find and palpate the relevant musculoskeletal structures.
• Assessment: Learn and practice all the injury assessment tests for the shoulder.
• Theory: Learn how to use the history, positive assessment test findings, and results of palpation to determine which structures are injured. The possible causes of injury as well as effective treatments will be discussed.
• Integration: Integrate what you have learned about the theory and assessment procedures through hands-on learning games and supervised clinics.
• Technique: Learn and practice detailed treatment techniques to eliminate adhesive scar tissue.
• Clinic: On the final day of the training, practice your skills in an injury assessment clinic, free and open to the public, under Dr. Benjamin’s supervision.
About Dr. Ben Benjamin:
BEN BENJAMIN, PhD (Sports Medicine) has been practicing massage since 1963 and has been nationally recognized for his contributions to massage therapy, receiving the AMTA President’s Award in 2000 and an induction into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame in 2010.
Dr. Ben Benjamin is scheduled to teach this workshop. In the very unlikely event that he is unable to do so, the show will go on; his long-time protegee, Orthopedic MT Lois Orth-Zitoli, will be the back-up instructor. All video presentations used during the workshop feature Dr. Benjamin.
Continuing Education Approvals:
This course is approved for 14 CEUs for massage therapists through The Benjamin Institute, NCBTMB Approved Provider #033029-00 (including NY). The Benjamin Institute reports to Georgia and Florida CE Broker.
The course is approved for 16 CEUs for NJ chiropractors because The Institute for Continuing Education is an Approved Provider with the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners through 8/31/23. It is also approved for 14 CEUs for chiropractors in states that accept PACE; The Institute for Continuing Education is recognized by the PACE Program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards.
The Institute for Continuing Education complies with CDC/State COVID rules that apply to NJ vocational schools. Participants will be notified of any COVID-19 restrictions prior to the seminar.