6 CEUs for NJ Chiropractors – Also welcome: Chiropractic Billing/Coding Personnel
Regular Tuition: $199 – Early Bird through 14 days prior to class: $149. Early Bird Deadline: August 1 for August 15 class.
Each additional person from same chiropractic office: $99. When registering multiple people from the same office, please be sure to indicate the attendees’ names.
NJ Chiropractors are required to complete a minimum of 2 credits of ethics or recordkeeping and documentation as it pertains to the practice of chiropractic in this State for every biennial license renewal period. This course meets that requirement.
Are you coding procedures properly? Are you really familiar with ICD-10 codes? How well do you know Medicare billing? In other words, are you getting as much reimbursement as possible for the services you are rendering? Could your recordkeeping be better than it is?
In this presentation, David Klein, owner of DK Coding, certified medical coder/auditor and compliance consultant, will provide in-depth instruction on how to properly document for maximum and correct reimbursement. He will discuss the critical resources every practice should have for accurate coding and documentation. He will review both Medicare and Commercial payer guidelines. He will show attendees how to accurately tell the story that reflects treatment being prescribed. He will review the essentials to coding and documentation including how to tell the story of care.
The primary goal for this class is to teach healthcare providers and their staff proper medical coding, documentation and compliance techniques that will help with reimbursement issues while reducing risk of audit including healthcare fraud and abuse.
- What’s happening in healthcare today?
- Critical Resources based on Federal Law
- How to correctly identify and use Medical Policies
Insurance / Reporting Procedures
- Effective and Compliant Treatment Plans
- Documentation designed to tell the story of patient care
- Creating Daily Notes Simplified
- Evaluation and Management Coding
- Key components
- When to use
- Diagnosis Coding – ICD-10 Review and update
- Medicare Addenda
- Coding for Modalities and therapeutic procedures
- Correct use of Modifiers
- Units of Time reporting requirements
- Medicare – The Gold Standard
- Anatomy of a Local Coverage Determination (LCD) – How to find and how to use, a powerful tool.
- Don’t limit to Chiropractic, review services under your scope, e.g. physical medicine procedures.
- NCCI, NCD’s, other key Medicare resources to consider
Instructor: David Klein, CPC, CPMA, CHC, Owner of DK Coding.
Refund Policy for this Class: Sorry, no refunds – course credit only.