Discount: Save $50. Regular Tuition: $199.
This program can be attended as either:
*A LIVE INTERACTIVE Webinar or Attend at the School:
Requirements to attend a live webinar:
- You will need a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop computer to view it. If using a smartphone or tablet, it is best to have the app for the program on your device (i.e. Zoom, GoToWebinar).
- To verify your continued attendance during the class, you will need a microphone, webcam or the ability to type into the program’s live chat.
- Instructors or school personnel will take attendance periodically throughout the class.
- Instructors may call on participants.
- To verify attendance, a code word may be given sometime during the class.
- You will be required to complete and return an evaluation after the course has ended. The evaluation may ask what code word was given.
- You may not receive your Certificate of Completion if we cannot verify your attendance.
Webinar invitations are emailed to registered students as the course date nears (approximately one day prior to the class).
Certificates of Completion are emailed to students approximately 5 business days after the course.
*Attend at our School: We follow all the CDC/State Guidelines for Vocational Schools. In-person participants will be notified of any COVID-19 requirements in advance of the class.
Join the renowned Dr. Ben Benjamin of The Benjamin Institute for a workshop that is 95% hands-on. You will learn several dozen myofascial and deep tissue muscular therapy techniques to address pain and injury in some of the most commonly injured structures of the body. You will also understand the anatomy of the shoulder and knee as never before through physically locating and palpating each of the targeted muscles, tendons and ligaments featured in these techniques. Most of these techniques were developed from actual cases from Dr. Benjamin’s clinical practice.
- acromio-clavicular ligaments and surrounding muscles
- muscle-tendons units of the subscapularis
- teres minor
- pectoralis major
- suprapatellar and infrapatellar tendons
- medial and lateral quadriceps expansions
- patellar retinacula
- collateral ligaments
- coronary ligaments
The number of in-person seats is limited. However, there is a live webinar option as well! Participants attending by live webinar (Zoom) must have a webcam and microphone on throughout the entire workshop. They are also encouraged (but not required) to have a model for hands-on work. If practicing techniques on a model, a massage table and a chair with no arms are recommended. Times to have a model for hands-on work: 9:30am-12:15pm and 1:30pm-4:15pm. Zoom invitations will be emailed within a day or two of the class date.
CEUs: 7 for Massage Therapists, 8 for NJ Chiropractors, 7 for Chiropractors from other states covered by PACE. This course is approved for Massage Therapists through the NCBTMB for all states through The Benjamin Institute. It is approved for Chiropractors through the NJ Board of Chiropractic Examiners and PACE. The Institute for Continuing Education is a Preapproved Sponsor/Provider with the NJBOCE and is recognized by the PACE Program of the Federation of Chiropractic Licensing Boards.
Lunch is not included with tuition.
To watch a preview video from Dr. Benjamin, please click HERE.
PLEASE BRING: Please bring a pillow, massage oil, a towel, a few face cradle covers, and two sheets. You’ll also need a printed copy of your Manual or you can just bring it on an iPad/tablet or computer. Bring your favorite anatomy text if you like. Massage Oil vs Lotion: Massage oil is much more effective for the massage techniques you will be learning and the Shea butter or massage lotions are useful for the myofascial work on people with very dry skin.
Note: if someone attending in-person wakes up feeling ill on a class day, (s)he may attend by Zoom instead.
The Institute for Continuing Education will honor ABMP discounts for courses taught by Dr. Benjamin. To register, please call the school at (973) 808-1666; please provide your membership number.
YOU MAY ALSO BE INTERESTED IN DR. BENJAMIN’S CLASS ON SATURDAY 6/25: Advanced Deep Tissue & Myofascial Technique for Neck and Back. For more info, click HERE.
About the Instructor: BEN BENJAMIN, PhD of The Benjamin Institute has been practicing massage since 1963 and has been nationally recognized for his contributions to massage therapy, receiving the AMTA President’s Award in 2000 and an induction into the Massage Therapy Hall of Fame in 2010. *NCBTMB Approved Provider #03029-00 • NYS Approved • Reports to Florida CE Broker.