ADOLESCENT HEALTH ISSUES
6 Credits for NJ Chiropractors, Athletic Trainers & Massage Therapists
This program will cover health issues that affect adolescents specifically, the importance of understanding an adolescent’s physical and physiological growth and the role this plays in the treatment of an adolescent patient. This program will allow the clinician to understand not only the development of the human body as it goes through puberty but also the reason why treatment planning and overall health concerns can be different. Special attention will be paid to nutrition as it relates to growth and wellness during this stage of life.
- THE STRESS REACTION AND INFLAMMATION
- PHYSIOLOGY BEHIND PUBERTY
- THE CHILD IN DEVELOPMENT IN UTERO AND POST PARTUM
- PHYSIOLOGY OF CARDIO VASCULAR EVENTS IN THE MATURING ADOLESCENT
- THE DEVELOPING FETUS INCEPTION TO BIRTH INCLUDING STAGES OF DEVELOPMENT
- STAGES OF CHILDHOOD GROWTH
- NATURAL CHILD BIRTH VS. “C” SECTION WITH THE CONCOMITANT PSYCHOLOGY MANIFESTATIONS IN THE ADOLESCENT
- THE ROLE OF THE PARENT
- CLINICAL NUTRITION TO HELP AVOID CHILDHOOD PATHOLOGY
- NUTRITION AND ITS PARAMOUNT IMPORTANCE
- THE ROLE OF THE INTESTINE IN THE MANIFESTATION OF SKIN DISORDERS OF VARIOUS TYPES
- ADJUSTMENT PROCEDURES TO INTERVENE IN THE POSSIBLE AVOIDANCE OF FUTURE LEARNING DISABILITY, ADHD, ETC.
- VARIOUS PROCEDURES WILL BE ELABORATED UPON INCLUDING SACRO-OCCIPITAL TECHNIQUE, CRANIAL ADJUSTING, APPLIED KINESIOLOGY, OSSEOUS, GONSTEAD
Upon completion for this class, participants should be able to:
- Explain the development of the human body from inception to birth
- Understand the child and adolescent development of the human body with emphasis on the changes that occur at puberty
- Recognize factors specific to adolescent patients including but not limited to body changes, insecurities, emotions and hormones.
- Understand how stress, nutrition, body image, heart health and other issues affect adolescents.
- Consider various physiotherapy procedures for various conditions related to an adolescent’s
- Better treat adolescent patients in light of their physical or emotional differences
Course includes complimentary lunch.
About the Instructor: Dr. Arthur Feintuch, DC, DAAPM
- Monmouth University Adjunct Professor Human Anatomy and Physiology
- Dental Studies Institute and the Institute for Continuing Education – Continuing Ed Instructor
- Ocean County College-Developer and Adjunct Instructor EEG program
- Brookdale Community College- Adjunct Instructor and Developer EEG program, Pharmaceutical Math, Occupational Therapy
- Premier Medical and Dental Institute-Phlebotomy, EKG, Pharmacology, Injection Technique, Medical Law and Ethics, etc.
- Middlesex County College-Adjunct Instructor Anatomy and Physiology including lab and lecture
- Designed, developed, and instructed Post Graduate Cranial Anatomy course for continuing education credits to Post-Doctoral Physical Therapy Practitioners
- Gibbs College-Adjunct Instructor Medical Assisting (entire program)
- Chiropractic Physician
- New Jersey State Teaching Certification Secondary Education
- 35 Years Private Practice running multiple offices